Are you empowering and growing your people?
Are your people underutilized?
Are you struggling with giving up control?
Do you find yourself saying “in the amount of time it will take me to explain it to someone, I can do it myself”?
When you delegate, are you dissatisfied with the product that is returned?
You are not alone. Delegation is one of the most important management skills, and it is vital for effective leadership. If done properly delegation is a win-win. Delegation allows you to make the best use of your time and skills, and it helps other people in the team grow and develop.
There are actually a number of reasons why people don’t delegate. Sometimes it is because they feel the time investment up front isn’t worth it, other times they don’t like the results they get. It can sometimes feel like more of a hassle than it is worth, but by delegating effectively you can expand the amount of work you can deliver, and at the same time help the people on your team advance their skills and abilities. This is good for you, them, and the organization.
So often what is intended to be communicated by one person is not actually what is perceived by the other. Delegation isn’t just a matter of telling someone else what to do. Mastering the art of delegation begins with mastering the art of communication.
Delegation Training Information
This full day delegation training workshop is designed to help participants to:
- Identify the role personality styles play in effective delegation
- Learn to adapt your personality style behaviors to maximize your delegation effectiveness
- Understand why people avoid delegating
- Build strategies and skills for planning, implementing and monitoring delegation without micromanaging
- Clarify roles and responsibilities using responsibility charting
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective delegation
- Learn to delegate the results not the process
- The signs of reverse delegation and strategies to prevent it
Each attendee will be take the TTI Success Insights Behavioral (DiSC) assessment
Contact us today at (312) 857-3570 about setting up Delegation Training for your organization.